Friday, 9 February 2018
Thursday, 8 February 2018
Sensitive Goa Government
It was interesting to hear key Ministers in the current Goa Government complaining about the criticism of their Governance on social media. They call the critics Social Media “Tigers” who just are trying to promote pessimism in the state.
Ironically, these same MLA’s were criticizing the Ex-Govts when they were not part of it and even their followers were criticizing ex-Governments, in an organized/planned manner.
So I ask under their own definition, where they then Social Media “tigers and pessimists” when they were not part of the Government? Are they saying that since they are now in power they are doing an absolutely amazing job to the Good Of Goa/Goans and people should not criticize them ?
One thing I can see is that though they have successful checkmated all opposition to their governance either by 1) Lucrative Incentives/Political favours, 2) Creating Political Divisions, 3) Various cases filed on opposition MLA’s (Which I don’t think they will push for prosecution but will only use as defense to blackmail any potential opposition); what they are now surprised by is criticism by Goans coming from areas they did not expect and that to from a huge Global Level.
Posted by Arwin Mesquita at 10:14
Happy “Liberation” Day Goa!
1) They looted Goa on its iron ore/minerals to the tune of thousands of crores of Rupees, so as to beef up the coffers of the central government and also the Wealth/Black Money Of Politicians In Delhi, Goa and many others.
2) Corrupt ruling politicians at the Centre After looting Goa in crores give pittance back in
Relatively much smaller amounts and act as if they are doing us a favor. If our resources were not looted we would not need any of their pittance.
3) By looting Goa of it’s resources they have converted on what should have been one of the Richest states in the world to the most indebted in India.
4) Small Goa is being bought out using these huge amounts of black money from other parts of India and with it our waters polluted, hills cut, beaches degraded, sand dunes destroyed etc. this black money has made properties / real estate out of reach for ordinary Goans !
5) Now after looting our resources, selling out our land (many times by allowing illegalities)
- NOW Our Government is giving away our waters to much bigger state so that it can help election prospects in that state . ( If it really was on humanitarian basis why did the Government not write to the elected Karnataka Govt?)
And they want us to Celebrate Liberation Day. From what - On all the points mentioned above ?
Posted by Arwin Mesquita at 10:13
Political Garbage Mentality
Given the pathetic situation of Garbage being all over the place, I keep on hearing some people including politicians saying the ownership is on People and not of the Politicians.
Whilst I agree Mentality of people is also important but let this not be an excuse, to justify the incompetence of the Goa Government.
I have been to many places with significant Indian populations and sorry to say many do carry this same poor mentality on cleanliness / Garbage management. Of course there are other nationalities also who are the same.
But these places are still generally clean because the Government there not only has set up effective bins/garbage collection points and organized a professional work force to keep the place clean but also has introduced stiff penalties for the offenders. Is this not common sense for the Goa Government to do in a small state with a relatively small population ?
The Goa Government talks big and makes s lot of promises but the actual results are pathetic ! Have we all forgotten that the government promised Garbage Free Goa by 2015?
Posted by Arwin Mesquita at 10:12
Parrikar’s Costly NGT
It’s quite surprising that Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar says it’s too costly to set up the NGT Bench in Goa. Does he realize that Goa’s USP - unique selling point is its natural beauty, clean environment? ( both now getting fast eroded by his Govts destructive policies) Will not be too costly for Goa and Goans we lose on our USP?
Also I find it strange when the Govt is fine in spending crores onfunding illegal dwellings at Tax Payers expense but Does not have funds for a genuine cause!
Yes however I do agree it will be costly for Corrupt Govt Ministers, Bureaucrats and destructive lobbies who will lose a lot, should there be strong deterrent against illegally destroying Goa!
Posted by Arwin Mesquita at 10:11
Dubai Goa Marketing
There were advertisements recently promoting Goa Tourism in Dubai. What the Goa BJP Government forgot to also include in their promotion are the actual major attractions i.e. Garbage all over the place, filthy beaches, drug abuse sewage into the Sea to enhance the Tourists swimming experience, filthy towns etc.
Posted by Arwin Mesquita at 10:10